The main feature that drive-in racks (deep, stuffed) have is the maximum available space for storing products on pallets. Such a system allows increasing the efficiency of the warehouse by 4-6 times, depending on the structure height, but drive-in racks are only suitable for storing homogeneous / similar products on the pallets.
The advantages of drive-in racks
- The entry type design takes up little space due to the absence of inter-row passages.
- Deep racks space is 85% useful.
- High density of cargo storage is provided; the increase in warehouse efficiency can reach up to 600%.
Rack bearing elements
The deep rack has a cross section of 8 to 12 stiffeners, with a maximum frame load up to 16 tons.
|Construction height range||mm||from 2000 to 12 000 in increments of 500|
|Channel width for loading||mm||1400 (standard)|
|Maximum load of guides||kg||up to 1800|
|Frame load capacity||kg||up to 16 000|
|Available finishing elements||— powder-polymer coating
— galvanized execution
How the drive-in racking system works
The pallets are located in the channels on special guide rails fixed with holders on the racks. The drive-in rack allows to placing loads, driving a loader or a stacker directly into the channel. Depending on the configuration of the warehouse, the characteristics of the stored goods and the goods turnover, drive-in racks can be serviced in two different ways:
- The most common option is the LIFO principle (the last to arrive is the first to leave). There is separate corridor or several adjacent corridors for one type of product. Loading and unloading operations are performed only from the front side of the racking system.
- For quick cargo handling, a “through-flow” arrangement is better suitable; wherein, the loading and unloading areas are divided directly by the rack. Storage with the racks works according to the FIFO principle (the first to arrive is to be the first to leave).
We develop effective solutions for any premises.
Using this project as an example, you can be sure that our engineers are developing solutions based not on standard methods, but on the basis of the conditions and requirements of the client.
This project is notable for the fact that we arranged 4 blocks of entry racks in a non-standard room in such a way as to ensure maximum storage density. At the same time, there were sufficiently large corridors remained.
An integrated approach to solving the problem
We design and manufacture all types of pallet racks, offer delivery and installation throughout the country. Since the drive-in racks are a rather complicated type of racking systems, we recommend that you contact our managers to clarify all the details and nuances. They will provide you with the most detailed information about the production stages, the types of steel used and other technical data. And our engineers will perform the calculation of the deep rack specifically for your case.
For all questions please contact our company. Call the specified phone numbers or ask your question online – write to the chat, our specialist will answer you in the nearest time.
The system of entry racks to a warehouse
The system consists of 4 drive-in racks
Number of pallet places 638
Stand height 5700 mm
Each row is divided into 2 tiers.
Universal shelving racks of all types
Universal metal racks of the shelving type are easy to assemble as they are compact, with weigh little and easy to assemble. Therefore, if you order such racks, you do not even need to contact specialists to quickly and correctly assemble it.
For the storage shelving racks, depending on the stored products and the required carrying capacity, the constrcuction can be designed for metal racks or racks made of chipboard / OSB.